Apple Silicon GPU Driver Engineer/Performance
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an engineer to join the Apple Silicon GPU Driver Performance Team, which is responsible for developing technology which helps make Apple Silicon GPUs blazingly fast. The ideal candidate will have a passion for squeezing the best possible performance out of the GPU, investigating forward-looking software and hardware architectures that enable new levels of GPU performance, and enjoys interacting with the low level details of the GPU architecture.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- GPU programming with Metal, DirectX, Vulkan, CUDA, Direct Compute, OpenGL, or OpenCL
- Interest in diagnosing and fixing GPU performance issues
- Excellent software design and problem solving skills
- Excellent system debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks
The Apple Silicon GPU Driver Performance Team is responsible for ensuring great GPU performance across our embedded GPU families. The team’s responsibilities include: - GPU HW/SW architectural investigations. - Working with internal hardware teams to define a hardware roadmap that continues to deliver best in class GPU profiling capabilities and GPU performance. - Develop tools and frameworks to support internal and external developers with performance analysis on Apple Silicon GPUs. - Working with 1st and 3rd party developers to optimize their GPU applications, algorithms, and shaders to achieve the best possible performance on Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
BSc, MSc, or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field