AI/ML Next Generation Wireless Systems Research Scientist
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join us to help deliver system design of next generation wireless solutions by groundbreaking AI/ML techniques. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic R&D group, you will experience the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft next generation wireless technologies that will generate deep impact on future Apple products and inspire global Apple’s customers every single day. Wireless and AI/ML technologies have become a crucial part in all Apple devices that delight our customers. In our unit, our mission is to research and develop AI/ML based cellular wireless technology for our products. We are looking for expert and highly self-motivated machine learning engineers. You will participate on defining system level ideas, proposing, and developing innovative concepts & algorithms, performing sophisticated system simulations, and working on prototyping platforms to quickly prove your ideas for current and next generation (5G/6G) cellular systems via innovative AI/ML paths.
- Research experience on solving interdisciplinary problems via technologies based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML).
- Publications in prestigious machine learning conferences/journals such as ICML, NeurIPS, JMLR, ICLR, ACL, and CVPR.
- Solid mathematical foundation including Linear Algebra, Probability Theory and Statistics, Estimation Theory, and Information Theory.
- Working knowledge in Algorithms, Optimization, and Object Oriented Programming.
- Deep understandings of classical neural network architectures and learning methods such as CNN, RNN, Graph Neural Networks, Self-supervised Learning, Transformer, Federated Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and GAN.
- Experience on prototyping AI/ML concepts via hardware/software, model analysis, and developing varied perspectives to solve problems.
- Abilities to make independent contributions as well as promote team collaboration.
- Good programming and code management skills.
- Familiarity with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Participate in the development of innovative machine learning solutions for wireless systems. - Contribute to AI/ML hardware/software framework design. - Defining new problem statements and novel solutions by taking a top-down approach towards system design starting from use case and relevance study to Apple products. - Quick deployment of promising new ides as as well setting up large scale tests. - Create new experiments to help with prototyping and new architecture designs that will further develop into large scale solutions for real world
Education & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant experience.