Head of Digital - Greater China Marcom
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Marcom Greater China team is part of the global Marketing Communications team at Apple who are responsible for all consumer facing communications. This includes advertising, http://apple.com, direct marketing, Apple retail, channel, packaging, video, corporate identity, and partner communications. We are producers, writers, editors, graphic designers, traffic managers, developers, photographers; all driving towards creating the world's best marketing communications. We strive for excellence where no detail is overlooked and where the customer experience is paramount. We never compromise in our pursuit of great work. We are looking for a world class Head of Digital, to shape the future of digital strategies for GC, across multiple platforms. You will be instrumental in driving the rethinking and reimagining of how Apple communicates to its customers in the forever evolving digital landscape in China. With the launch of WeChat, Channel Digital, and continuous growth of Tmall and other e-commerce platforms, this role is critical to drive holistic plan for GC’s digital vision beyond .com localization.
- A demonstrated track record of leadship at a Director or above level in a digital agency or Marketing Communications focused organisation
- A deep understanding of, and extensive strategic experience in, the Interactive/Digital/Social space in China
- Highly developed skills in the application of digital engagement with customers across GC
- Strong team playing abilities and ability to navigate through highly matrixed organizations
- Exemplary attention to detail and process, with the ability to demonstrate a logical and well-organised approach to managing projects and process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must (e.g. briefing documentation, presentations to all levels of management to both internal & external stakeholders)
- Solid experience with online marketing tools and web/mobile based technologies
- Proven leadership skills: able to motivate, lead, develop, and inspire
Responsible in shaping the future of digital strategies for GC, across multiple platforms Own strategic direction, implementation, performance measurement and evolution across apple-owned, social, e-commerce and digital channels, lead GC with a point of view on how to engage our consumers in the most meaningful way Oversee two teams of Interactive and Social producers with a focus on leading product launches, extending local amplifications, and creating origination projects on http://apple.com, WeChat/other social avenues, as well as Channel Digital. Work closely with creative leads and planner, ensure the flawless development and execution of communications across all digital channels in support of Apple’s business goals, across multiple language channels. Work with digital agencies to drive insights and to make strategic recommendations across all digital platforms. Lead team with analytics and measurement to drive optimal campaign effectiveness
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Digital technologies or relevant field
- 10 plus year experience
- Frequent travel across Greater China region and to the US.