Alloy Quality Engineer- Manufacturing Design
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible and hands-on role, you are empowered to deal with difficult challenges and make your actions impactful. We craft unique metal materials that enable us to deliver unprecedented volumes of the highest quality products in the world today, and are seeking an accomplished quality engineer to lead the development and implementation of efficient, effective, and highly scalable quality control solutions throughout our metal materials supply chain. We run a global network of suppliers across a broad range of materials and form-factors, and we’re seeking creative and flexible solutions to handle complexity in a highly dynamic environment. Responsibilities include metrology development, measurement SOP’s, product quality plans, capability analyses, data analytics / DOE, and project management / executive communications.
- 1. 5+ years in a mechanical manufacturing and process control environment
- 2. Specialization in raw materials / metals manufacturing a plus
- 3. Demonstrate skills in driving global suppliers Experience developing and evaluating new measurement systems
- 4. Mastery of statistical quality tools (GR&R, statistical process control / capability
- 5. Design of Experiment, regressions) and efficient manipulation/analysis of data
- 6. Demonstrate project management and cross-functional leadership Experience developing and scaling new quality systems
- Work with suppliers to drive generation of measurement SOP’s and craft alignment throughout our supply base. - Investigate and develop new measurement technologies into mature, scalable tools. - Evaluate metrology capability through GR&R and cross-vendor correlation studies. - Generate product-specific quality plans to focus on the attributes most important to our customers. - Build quality systems to collect, track, and report data in a highly digestible and actionable format. - Collect, summarize, and interpret quality signals to produce conclusions on process suitability, capability, sources of variation, projected yields, and expected risks. - Design and execute qualification plans to ensure our materials will consistently exceed expectations. - Represent our materials multi-functionally to a broad audience (internal and external) Regular international travel (20-30%) to suppliers worldwide.
Education & Experience
Education: BS+ in Mechanical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering