FG DC Site Manager (China)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You are at Apple don’t just build products - you build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of you and your ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a regional role based in Shanghai, responsible for the management and execution of DC operations in China. The role covers DC related activities from inbound, outbound, reverse logistics, value add services and so on. This person shall oversee the day-to-day operations, managing the 3rd party logistics suppliers across the line of business to meet or exceed service levels.
- • Min 5 years experience of distribution center or contract management essential including a period in a similar role.
- • Understanding of broader logistics disciplines an advantage (freight, trade compliance, supply chain security, procurement)
- • Experience in managing logistics in China context an advantage
- • Problem-solving techniques required.
- • Ability to work well under pressure, and to multitask
- • Self-starter that can work on their own initiative
- • Good communicator at all levels verbal and written, internal and external.
- • Strong vendor management skills and working experience with major 3PLs in APAC
- • Flexibility - must be able to work as required to fulfill business needs. • Keen attention to detail
- • Excellent customer focus
• Manage logistics service supplier - taking responsibility for all operational and performance elements. • Maintain and monitor KPIs ensuring each DC operates to the agreed service levels. • Ensure cost targets are met and exceeded where possible • Drive the root cause analysis process as issues occur and ensure that agreed improvements are implemented •Drive key strategic improvements in operations including CIP (continuous improvement program), and strategic DC directions in relation to automation, process standardization and simplification • Represent Logistics in key project activity, ensuring program activities and deliverables required from Apple & Service provider and met timely • Participate in and Support DC initiatives, which would be supported in the region • Ensure DC Readiness for peaks in volumes • Own the “Monthly Business Review” process, ensuring meetings are agenda driven, with clear minutes and actions • Drive the “Quarterly Business Review” process ensuring sites and suppliers move in the agreed direction • Escalation point for all DC related issues. • Manage logistics service provider to consistently adhere to Apple defined service levels • Lead and guide team members in DC support activities • Be the focal point on all Inventory & audit issues pertaining to the hub • Managing logistics service supplier to make sure Apple's Security standards are met.
Education & Experience
• Good understanding of all Microsoft Office packages. • Knowledge of SAP / ERP systems • Knowledge of RMA processes • Educated to degree level or higher