Brand Lead, Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The role of the Marketing Communications group (Marcom) at Apple is to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals across China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. We are seeking an exceptional individual who can operate successfully in our fast-paced and exciting environment. The Brand Lead role will be responsible for synchronizing various Marcom disciplines in support of Apple’s product launch and sustaining marketing communications for the Apple product families. This position will require close collaboration across a variety of functions, including Interactive, Channel Merchandising, Apple Retail, and Advertising. The person will need to be fluent in a variety of media, including print, digital, and video/motion graphics and should be highly experienced in both product launch and sustaining activities. This position also requires a deep knowledge of the creative development process. S/he will need to develop and maintain key relationships both globally and locally within the Product Marketing, Public Relations, Sales, and Sales Operations organizations. In this role, you will also be the primary point of contact for the WW Marcom planning team responsible for collecting and sharing insights as it pertains to the local market. This includes providing quarterly updates on the current state of Apple’s business as well as actionable business and customer insights that can be leveraged to improve Apple communications both locally and globally. This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with very strong communication skills. The candidate must be a strong strategic thinker, capable of seeing the bigger picture and orchestrating projects to that end. This role requires the individual to constantly challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of communicating both internally and externally.
- This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with excellent written and oral communication skills (presenting, selling, lobbying, etc.).
- Must have extensive (8-10 years) marketing communications experience (preferably consumer electronics) in a global or regional capacity and have, within this, demonstrated extensive experience in creative development and localization on new product launches and sustaining campaigns.
- Will possess strong project management skills, strong influencing and cross-functional leadership abilities, while possessing a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to support, understand, and enhance the creative process
- Must be able to balance working in a creatively driven organization, with an analytical and disciplined approach to marketing
- Team player who takes personal ownership of assigned tasks. Ability to multitask, and deliver under tight timelines
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is required, both spoken and written
Launch and Sustain Programs: Effectively lead all local market launch, sustaining activities product, and seasonal projects. Act as the key interface between the WW Marcom teams and local Marcom and PR teams. Provide a single point of contact for campaigns from an overall process, communications, and materials perspective. This requires representing the local Geo’s needs to WW Marcom counterparts, while articulating the global strategy to the broader Geo team. Work closely with the WW Marcom team to establish local Marcom goals and product strategies. Gather and provide strategic market insights to the WW planning team that ultimately help drive more relevant and impactful communications. Work with local agency partners to ensure that all deliverables are fully integrated and flawlessly executed, meeting Apple’s extremely high-quality standards. Where appropriate, participate in carrier relationships, communications plans and programs in concert with WW and local Partner Communication teams. Provide strategic communications input and guidance to all functional areas, including interactive, channel, advertising, and retail. Seasonal Marketing Programs: Work with WW brand teams and local Geo Functional teams to drive successful implementation of seasonal campaigns. Provide input to WW and Global teams on creative and messaging for seasonal programs to ensure local relevance and impact. Advocate on behalf of the Geo with WW Marcom to optimize processes, ensuring seasonal programs achieve maximum business impact. Maintain a calendar of key local cultural/seasonal events and be the Marcom point person for any related Apple communications. Marcom Planning: Provide regular planning updates and insights to WW and Geo teams on local Apple business, including sales performance, market share, competitive information, industry happenings, and competitive trends. On a regular basis, collect and share actionable and pertinent communications insights to help guide, inform, and improve our global communications plans and efforts. Help to define the best ways to effectively share information with the WW planning team, across Geos, and between the Marcom functional areas.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree, MBA a plus.
- Extensive travel required to Cupertino, California. Up to 4 weeks per quarter.