Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and development to solve complex manufacturing problems that have direct impact to final product cost, quality and delivery of Mac & Accessory products. You will have the opportunity to work under broad goals and objectives, exercises judgment within general defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to complex problems.
- We are looking for you to
- - Have experience in product/automation machine design as well as design for manufacturability or complex automation line manufacturing engineering.
- - Understand and build product / automation machine / manual alignment fixtures tolerance stack ups (GD&T principles) according to 3D files (@ both of assembly & part level)
- - Have optics measurement knowledge for electronics products 2D dimensions / 3D geometry profile measurement. With 3D AOI application experience on algorithm development / optic sensor data processing / machine integration issue debug. With knowledge of Matlab data analysing skills is strong plus.
- - Be familiar with industrial actuator/sensors control theory (eg: pneumatics, servo/stepping/linear motors, precise sensors of encoders / air flow / metallic components detection). With actual coding experience with below program language (eg: VB, VC, C++, C# or Labview) will be huge plus.
We are expecting you to - - Set standard practices and independently determines impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product. Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering. - Provide direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects. - Perform assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. Product Engineering - Work all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Process Engineering - Design and develop technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. With strong technical background of CAD / CAE (ed: Solidworks / NX / CATIA) application experience is a plus. Failure/Data Analysis - Plan, develop and implement technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compile data and make recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. Having statistics tools (JMP & MiniTab) application experience is a plus.
Education & Experience
- BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired), majors on Mechanical / Electrical / Computer science engineering