Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Regional Operations New Product Manager leads all aspects of new product development and product launch within Operations in Asia and is directly accountable for the results. As the primary leader and interface between Operations, PD, Engineering in Cupertino, your responsibility will include achieving goals for time to market, cost, quality, product availability and order cycle time.
- - Have rich experience with high volume, consumer electronic manufacturing technologies (preferred) in the areas of design, process, commodity cost, factory cost, supply and quality management.
- - Track record achieving significant results on complex projects in an often ambiguous and always fast changing environment.
- - Incredible drive, motivation, and energy to completing any challenge given.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- - Clear communication and logical thinking.
- - This position can require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
- Lead the operational side of development builds during new product introductions for assigned products. - Partner with OEM to develop, ramp, and introduce products. Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works" its capabilities and limitations. - Lead across functions, include WW Planning, Global Supply Managers, Technical Program Manager, Quality, Supplier Quality Engineer, Test Engineer, Design For Manufacturing, in Asia within Operations to develop new product plans. - Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, product features. - Identify, marshall and organize resources (Apple Staff, OEM Staff, Contractors, etc) to meet the required goals. - Communicate project status updates to various project partners, including team members and executives within Apple and OEMs. - Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message. Present with confidence and brevity. - Push the leading edge of innovation and excellence in Apple products and program management practices. - Support coverage in other products in the region.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science or above, majored in Materials Engineering and/or Chemical Engineering - Have min 8-10 years ops experience in a high tech or computer-related industry - Demonstrate excellent written and verbal English.