WW Global Supplier Manager, Logistics
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Market Intelligence: Develop and build Logistics commodity and industry knowledge to support and influence long-term strategy that meets future needs of Apple and convey a unified, consistent message to the supply base. Degree in Business Studies, Engineering or related fields. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. This role is part of the World Wide Procurement Team based in Shanghai, China. This is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, motivated with Procurement, Business Management, Project Management, and Analytical skills. They must also be an excellent communicator, be able to work on their own initiative.
- Experience negotiating large scale, world-wide agreements with air, ocean, freight forwarders, transloaders, and ground transportation suppliers.
- Ability to project-manage, work under pressure and meet agreed, and often, tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills from both administrative and hands-on standpoints.
- High level of energy and discipline commanding respect of internal and external groups by demonstrating ability.
- Capable of working individually or as part of a multifunctional team including peers and/or senior managers.
- Supplier Management experience in the Procurement / Logistics area.
- Logistics Supply base knowledge.
- Contract administration and governance experience.
- At least 8-10 Years experience in logistics industry with hands on experiences in international freight management for high tech goods. Experience across cargo airline operations, 3PL freight management across multiple geos is vital.
Typical responsibilities will include but not be limited to: Responsible for the qualification, selection and contracting of bulk freight logistics services, which support our WW operations. Development of strategies to ensure that International freight availability is aligned with Apple's projected growth. Developing a strategy for ensuring that freight is available on time to Apple's customers at the lowest possible cost. Responsible for negotiating carrier contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports Apple's objectives. Responsible for review of all business documents being released to the suppliers: RFPs, RFIs, Statement of Work (SOW), Master Agreements (MSAs), and formal communications. Working closely with Legal and the Manager of WW Logistics procurement Ensure that procurement efforts are accomplished on time to meet the business schedules. Ensures NDA, SOW's and Master Contracts are positioned appropriately before business is initiated. Works closely with and provides escalation support for Regional Supplier Managers when performance (supplier or Apple) impacts contractual agreements, i.e. OTD, Loss, Global Track and Trace, Freight Payment. Manage supplier performance including but not limited to collecting and aggregating data to create the Supplier Performance Review and the delivery of the Quarterly Business Review. Conduct benchmarking exercises as needed to assess competitiveness of Apple's rates, services, supply chain practices to identify improvements and potential future suppliers or service offerings. Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through innovative strategic initiatives, price negotiations, surcharge and accessorial avoidance in compliance with Logistics Procurement Policies. Market Intelligence: Develop and build Logistics commodity and industry knowledge to support and influence long-term strategy that meets future needs of Apple and convey a unified, consistent message to the supply base.
Education & Experience
Degree in Business Studies, Engineering or related fields.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English