Product Design Engineer - HomePod, AirPod & Future Products
San Francisco, California, United States
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We invent the world's finest consumer electronics. As a member of our product design team, you would conceive, design, test, fix, and bring into production products that re-define the music experience. We work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Audio Engineering, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, Operations and Marketing. Efficiently integrating so many different pieces into brand new products means every single day is different. Do you want to join in the team?
- - Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- - You have at least 3 years experience in product design and factory operations
- - You are able to design plastic and metal part.
- - 3-D CAD skills
- - You have accurate mechanical intuition
- - You are experienced in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- - You have deep analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- - Able to complete failure analysis
- - Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
- - Ability to travel within China 40% and to the United States 10%
- - Ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin and English
- Preferred Experience:
- - Consumer electronics design experience
- - Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
- - Experience with component modules (Audio drivers, batteries, power supplies, camera modules, etc.)
- - Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver)
As a member of our product design team, you would conceive, design, test, fix, and bring into production products that re-define the music experience. You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Audio Engineering, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, Operations and Marketing.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree and above in Mechanical Engineering
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.