Business Analyst & System SME
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Department: Strategic Data Solutions Do you want to be part of a team critical to the success of Apple? Can you navigate a matrix organization and provide critical information to a geographically distributed on-offshore team to guide them through ambiguous situations? Do you excel under pressure? Can you summarize highly complex technical problems so that others can help you solve them? Do you have rock solid integrity and are the team member people trust and count on? Does everyone turn to you for answers not only because you are the subject matter expert, but also because you are a passionated teacher and knowledge preserver? If you smile in the face of pressure, can work independently but are also great team player, we're looking for you! As a member of a cross-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services.
- Strong background in information technologies and application support
- Appetite to learn and proven experience in business analysis areas
- Passion of understanding business problem and proven creative approach to problem solving in previously related work experience
- A people person who enjoys reaching out to your key partners for information and building partnership
- Bi-lingual in Mandarin and English and able to use both languages to describe technical concepts in-depth
- Self starter with aptitude for learning of new technologies
- Background in manufacturing process, supply chain, requirement documentation and customer interaction will be very useful
- Experience in a business/systems analysis or implementation consultant role
- Previous experience conducting technical training is a plus
- Previous UI/UX research is also a plus
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Cloudera
In this role you will be asked to become the first person of our partner experience team resided permanently in China region and become a champion for our data collection and analysis systems. You will need to quickly acquire the working knowledge of how our system facilitate Apple operation in region and develop deep relationship with both Apple and factory partners. Your primary duties include visiting different operation entities to observe how our end users are using the system to perform their work, solicit customer feedback to system performance or features, assessing and validating user issues. You will conduct periodical technical training to med/large size group of end users. You will be working closely with your US counterpart in knowledge management process. You need to be one of the strongest voice in the area of how we preserve and share knowledge among our teams as well as among the end users. From time to time, you will be also involved as in region resource to execute projects leveraging your local presence, knowledge and business contact.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Information Systems / Business Information Technology or similar preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.