Vendor Manager, Apple Support
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The WW Vendor Management organization of AppleCare works in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The team is responsible for handling a portfolio of vendor partners, delivering outsourced technical T1, T2, voice, emails and chat support to Apple's customers. The Asia Pacific Vendor Management Team is looking for a Vendor Manager. You will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, technical excellence, quality and consistency at a number of Vendor Partner sites. You will be manging partners supporting our customers in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong in Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Customer & Technical focus: address the customer impact of all activities while aiming to ensure the highest possible technical abilities for advisors.
- Communication & Partnership: builds strong working relationships with Vendor Partners, CC Ops, Training, T2, CR and other internal teams to address cross-functional interdependencies, process alignment and improvement. Communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in written form; show courage and good judgment in addressing areas of conflict or ambiguity with a view to growing relationships and trust in the process.
- Results focused: meet dedications and drive closure of open actions, provide regular status updates, collaborate with QPM team to understand root causes of performance challenges and deliver concise direction to vendor site management, question 'business as usual' as an appropriate status quo, and thrive on the challenge of change.
- Decision-making: make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and with areas of ambiguity - under tight deadlines. Be open to developing a deep organizational knowledge and demonstrate a willingness to integrate multiple points of view into the decision-making process; bring a rigorous understanding of data to the process, and have the courage to stand your ground and the flexibility to accept a differing outcome from your first choice as something you can give your fullest support to.
- Strong project management skills: accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Set objectives and goals for yourself that support the success of your sites. Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks - and be an active communicator in flagging those to all concerned. Measure performance against goals. Evaluate results and hold yourself and others accountable.
- Fluency in Mandarin (essential) and Cantonese (desirable) as well as extraordinary verbal and written English expression.
- You will create and manage business relationships with Apple's vendor partners to implement support solutions for our customers and be responsible for partner performance against defined metrics across multiple sites in APAC. - You will communicate and gain agreement on mutual goals and objectives and build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the alliance. You will maintain a collaborative dialogue with the Partner Operations Manager & vendor manager peers to review the effectiveness of the overall relationship, specific lines of business, site management and structure. - The role provides for feedback in reviewing the overall performance and strength of vendor partners you are responsible for. This in turn will enable the team to assess the landscape of all partners in the region to understand cost, quality, standard methodology and scalability across the partner portfolio. - To succeed you will need to work collaboratively with both internal and external partners to identify and implement initiatives to improve productivity and quality; engage as a leader to drive a Root Cause Analysis problem-solving approach to quality improvement with the QPM team. - You will identify, own and develop relationships within the broader AppleCare organization with particular focus on upstream issue groups including Customer Relations, Tier 2 and Engineering, forecasting and capacity planning groups, training and quality groups and AppleCare Field Service Managers for the countries your partners support. You will build closer relationships between our vendor partners, internal support sites and other groups that impact the overall customer experience with Apple. You will actively partner with CC operations, training, reporting & analysis and the broader WW VM team. - Being on site with our partners is key to your success, and you are expected to travel both in support of routine operations and special systems, tools, and product launch support on a routine basis. Success in the role will be determined by: 1. delivering results at or above target at partner sites across the WW Contact Centre key performance indicators including Customer Satisfaction, AHT, Service Level & APP Sales, etc. 2. ensuring readiness at vendor sites that delivers the required resources, appropriately trained and available for calls in line with WW and regional planning 3. strong, collaborative communication and partnership with vendor and internal partners and AppleCare country management 4. a willing and active participation in the global team to drive consistencies and share or adopt standard methodologies
Education & Experience
- COPC Coordinator Certification Desirable; understanding of COPC concepts essential.