Technical Program Manager - Heat Sink
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products. We work in tandem with Apple's renowned designers to develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve visionary specifications at massive production scale. We lead a network of supplier factories worldwide, with responsibility for our partners' delivery to aggressive schedules. Our focus is on elegant execution of extraordinary battery designs, resulting in products that thrill our customers.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of hands-on experience in Design / Manufacturing Process Development You are expertise in high-volume manufacturing with emphasis in at least one of these categories:
- - Automated Assembly: precision pick and place, fixture, and station transfer. knowledge with automated optical inspection a requirement.
- - Coil winding: single- or multi-spindle winding of copper wire coils with or without inner bobbin.
- - Knowledgeable on parameters that influence inductance, ACR, and DCR - Joining processes: Laser welding, laser soldering, hot bar soldering, gluing, adhesive films.
- - Connector/Acoustics/Thermals/Haptics/manufacturing
- - Proficiency in the following areas : - 5S, Lean manufacturing - Design for manufacturability, FMEA, tolerance stack-up analysis - Statistical analysis, SPC, DOE, Six Sigma certification highly desirable - GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerances),
- - Metrology techniques - Machining processes, fixture design - Operator management, SOP development, training, and qualification Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization - Consistent track record of leading a multi-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost - Solid bottom line project management experience (Planning, Cost, & Delivery) Experience working with international OEM partners. Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
Lead a team of Process, Test, Automation and Quality Engineers in the development of critical modules, sub-assemblies, and components that enable amazing new features for Apple products. We serve as Senior Operations technical lead during all engineering builds as well as ramp, providing a single technical voice to internal project teams as well as external suppliers. It will be our responsibility to ensure that all technical risks associated with a product are identified and mitigated to enable the qualification, scale-up, and implementation of modules into high volume mass production. Through all phases of development and product introduction, you will partner closely with Engineering, Operations, and Procurement teams to enable success of new product introductions. During development phase, you will be required to: - Act as link between Apple Design and suppliers’ manufacturing teams - Engage with Apple Design and Program Management teams at the beginning stage of NPI and give continuous feedback based on manufacturing process development and evolution - Provide technical assessment of existing and new manufacturing partners - Identify manufacturing processes to meet product design - Develop test processes to ensure quality - Work with suppliers to develop fixtures to ensure correct product performance
Education & Experience
- BS in EE or ME, Masters or higher preferred