Supplier Quliaty Engineer - Passive Component (Magnetics)
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple supplier management team is looking for a motivated, highly- technical supplier quality and engineering engineer focusing on product and process engineering with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This engineer is a leader to drive process and quality improvement during NPI, ramp up and mass production. You will work with internal cross functional teams, sub component vendors and the system integration sites.
- - 5 to 10 years relevant experience in product engineering and process engineering.
- - Deep understanding and hands on experience of passive component manufacturing process control and quality systems
- - Familiar with different type of magnetic passives such as power inductors, common mode chokes, RF filters and different type of component structure.
- - Deep knowledge of magnetic material performance and design rule.
- - Knowledge of application circuits of magnetic parts is a big plus.
- - Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- - Strong quality knowledge in product development and manufacturing environment.
- - Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, influencing and negotiation.
- - Good teamwork with constant working with multiple functional teams across Apple and suppliers
- - The job may require frequent travel across Asia depending on projects.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Work with design, development, operation, quality teams and other disciplines as necessary to complete projects - Resolve process and quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes. Monitor manufacturing key process and quality performances indexes. - Able to perform and drive failure analysis. Root cause failures and deliver improvement solutions. - Drive 8D report for product returned from customer or manufacture issues. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. - Complete in timely correlation activities and identify gaps among module, component and system. Follow up till the gap is closed. - Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned from component supplier till system integrator. - Ensure no failures at system integration incoming, manufacture and reliability. - Audit and approve component suppliers for mass production readiness. - Ensure component suppliers are conforming to Apple product specs and requirements. - Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. - Monitor the component performance at contract manufacturing sites. - Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed. - Strong contact with supplier engineering and quality teams.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in technical field, such as Electrical engineering, chemical, material, or Mechanical engineering
- English - Excellent in reading, writing, speaking;
- Chinese - Simplified