Manufacturing Optimization Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The enclosure team plays an integral part of the product development process. Working in tandem with renowned designers to develop manufacturing methods and measurement control plans that achieve visionary specifications at massive production scale. The focus is on elegant execution of industrial designs that continue to stretch conventional beliefs and at times appear to border on the impossible, resulting in products that delight our customers. The primary role of the team is to support and lead a network of supplier factories worldwide, with responsibility to deliver; extraordinary quality; on-time; to aggressive schedules.
- Lean Six-Sigma certified and familiar with CI Tools
- 5+ years experience in Lean production
- Six-Sigma project experience as a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, fluent in Mandarin and English
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management, and diverse audiences, including suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally
- Target Setting: Collaborates multi-functionally to assess the current state of the plant’s operation, establish continuous improvement target, develops future state vision and implementation plan. - CI Project Implementation: Implements and monitors continuous improvement projects, and facilitates multi-functional team to drive breakthrough or best-in-class performance in equipment, people, quality, material flow and cost. Coach vendor teams to use tools such as 8D, 5S, Kaizen, Six-Sigma (DMAIC), VSM and SPC for process improvement. - CI Project Tracking and Reporting: Uses standard tracking and reporting systems, drives project performance, and assures accurate completion and achievement of process, quality and cost saving goals. - Efficiency Improvement: Performs analysis on equipment and work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. - Supplier Coordination: Acts as liaison between supplier and internal departments, identifies barriers to project success and solicits help from champions when needed. - Best Practice Sharing: Coordinates multiple engineering projects and summary reporting, identifies and aims to implement model Lean lines/cells, and then extends to whole and other suppliers and projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or above in IE or ME from an accredited university.