AME / DFX
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Experience with automation including linear drives, servo motors, step motors, and mechanical actuators.
- - Experience with vision system integration for both fixture positioning control and automated measurement fixtures using both CCD and laser systems.
- - Software usage of Excel, Jump, Keynote, and Powerpoint for the purpose of compiling data and reports into presentation.
- - Working knowledge of Solidworks or other 3D CAD software to enable manipulation of the data files as needed to create RFP’s.
- - Ability to read and interpret 2D drawings/CAD with GDT format.
- - Deep understanding of Cp/CpK and GRR for bringing up and qualifying fixtures.
- - Bi-lingual with an emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate in English.
- - A standout teammate and self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Develop RFP’s that communicate fixture requirements and specifications and interact with selected vendors to receive DFM’s that fulfill the RFP. - Coordinate the design and fabrication of assembly fixtures, both manual and automated, and automated measurement and data collection for assemblies and/or sub-assemblies. - Ability to function independently, knowingly, and willingly of what needs to be accomplished to maintain the program schedules. Handling your own time and travel schedule for meeting the performance requirements specified of given fixtures. - Partner with cross functional teams to understand and contribute to the overall process flow and assembly requirements of the product design. - Cross functional team interaction and communication to obtain necessary information and criteria as it relates to the need and performance of a desired fixture. - Communicate and partner with internal teams to contribute with the evaluation of fixture designs, development, and qualification to the line. - Establish positive relationships and avenues of direct communication with vendors to steer and direct the design, fabrication, development, and qualification of fixtures. - Provide early and ongoing involvement to ensure new fixtures are mechanically stable, repeatable, reliable, and efficient. - Provide support and root cause analysis for fixture assembly/measurement errors by working directly with vendors and CM’s to resolve line down and/or fixture performance issues.
Education & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in machine/fixture design.