Supplier Base Engineer - Surface Finish
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Experiences of process technical development including (or deep understanding in some of), Polishing, Consumable material wheels/sandpapers industry, Slurries industry, Blasting media, Chemical Treatment, Cleaning, Automation etc;
- - Experiences of direct dealing with Aluminum/ SUS/ or Combination with plastics.
- - Experiences in developing customized machine (non-standard machine) in 3C industry, including the following areas (but not limited to): Polish equipment, Robot application, Cosmetic inspection equipments, Roughness and Texture Control, Surface Color, Stress analysis, Film protection, special pick & place handling, etc.
- - Familiar with GD&T, DOE, SPC.
- - Good written and oral interpersonal skills, fluent in English.
- - On-site build support; willing to work from factories.
- - Ability and willingness to work independently and travel frequently (mainly in Asia).
- - A standout teammate and self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Lead the development work of multi-type metal components surface treatment or chemical treatment of iPhone and Watch products. - Design the surface treatment process based on cosmetic and drawing requirement, to be groundbreaking bringing up the new metal material, surface finish mechanism, mapping out process flow, selecting pro-cessing equipments, designing corresponding fixtures/slurries/wheels/sandpapers/magazines/trays, initiating DOEs to find out the best machine setups, mechanical polishing path and parameters, and finalizing the process solution from prototype stage to mass production stage. - Be deeply involving in working on multiple customized processes in the scope of: CNC, Polishing, PVD, Chemical Treatment, Sand Blasting, Anodizing, Cleaning, Automation etc. - Work cross functionally with Product Design Engineering to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend capable production processes and equipment. - Work closely with Cupertino-based SBEs in the development of above said processes. - Work with Global Supply Managers to develop new equipment from RFQ through factory implementation, and manufacture and deliver material to downstream supply chain nodes on time and on cost. - Work with Supplier Quality Engineers to drive yield improvement through analysis of part quality, defect pareto, and SPC. - A heavy emphasis will be on working with suppliers to define and refine mechanical tooling and fixtures, and establishing process capability and readiness. - Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity.
Education & Experience
College degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience. 5 yrs+years relevant working experience.