Product Quality Manager
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a seasoned Quality leader to oversee all the NPI Quality teams in the region for Mac business. This highly visible, hands-on role works across multiple products, suppliers, management levels and functions to ensure that the products fulfill the promise of Apple’s Quality. In this role you will be responsible to develop CM readiness for new product development and launch. Candidate should have experience driving both tactical and strategic initiatives especially in new product introduction. And with strong communication skills to Executives and CMs.
- We are looking for you with
- - 15+ years experience in Quality and Engineering roles, with great emphasis and strong background in managing OEM factories
- - 7+ years experience in managing PQM teams, including having had previously role in NPI
- - Demonstrated success in building and leading strong Quality organizations in the consumer electronics sectors Domain authority for all things quality including Quality Plans, FMEA’s, auditing, corrective and preventative actions, and sampling methodologies for IQC, assembly, and OQC
- - Demonstrated capability with quality statistical techniques including SPC, sampling AQL’s, MSA, correlation and regression analysis
- - Working knowledge of advanced quality techniques such as design of experiments, ANOVA
- - Effective social and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and drive issues to closure in a global organization and in a global supply base.
- - High volume manufacturing experience with a detailed understanding of production processes, testing, kitting, and packaging (e.g., consumer electronics, automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- - Supplier management experience
- - Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- - Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to details
- - Ability to build credibility and relationships across a large company, and demonstrate those relationships to drive broad reciprocal initiatives
As a Product Quality Manager, we are expecting you to - Lead a team of engineers who are responsible to run multiple product lines. - Be a phenomenal communicator, someone who can naturally cultivate trust and build strong business relationships. - Be a great teammate who has extensive regional/global experience in leading highly functional teams in a dynamic manufacturing environment. - Demonstrate your extraordinary leadership skills in a regional/global work environment. - Be able to make critical decisions at high pressure situations to ensure that the Quality of the product is maintained at all times and to provide executive level updates for critical issues seen in the factories. - have experience in managing Quality for high volume manufacturers. Above all, be an advocate for the customer on Quality, making sure that their needs are represented across all divisions of the company.
Education & Experience
Master’s or Bachelors in Engineering or other related disciplines
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.