Tax Compliance Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a Company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod. At Apple, you’ll share in a dedication to excellence by collaborate with extraordinary managers, all with one unified vision— building innovative products that delight customers. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solution (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today, including the one located in Shanghai. The GFSS organization built up a shared service center in China to allow the Company to better support the dramatic growth in China. We seek a high calibrated Finance professional - Record to Report Tax Compliance Manager of this global team.
- You will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- - A minimum of 10+ years of financial management experience, with at least 2 years in a senior position.
- - Qualification in Finance, e.g., CPA, Chartered Accountant, CMA and/or CTA is nice to have.
- - Possession of good knowledge in Greater China statutory and tax filing requirements.
- - Consistent track record in handling regional compliance function.
- - Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, project management, communication skills required.
- - Good command of English and Chinese language, both written and spoken.
- - You need analytical skills with a process focus.
- - Recognize issues within processes and organizations, while considering functional interdependencies.
- - Experience working in a matrix environment. The ability to influence without necessarily having positional power. Reciprocal approach.
- - Ability to handle across multiple geographies and cultures.
- - Possession of a passion for business process excellence.
- - Mature, responsible, self driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- - Experience with SAP is an advantage.
- - System implementation and project management experience is a plus.
- - Customer-focus with excellent social and communication skills.
- - Ability to think on an enterprise level and be forward-looking. Lead to set up repeatable processes to support business expansion in China.
Compliance - Handle tax related accounting activities relating to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close, to ensure timely and accurate compliance to Apple policy, US GAAP and local requirements. - Ensure full compliance with SLA, and make improvement in case of exceptions identified. - Handle statutory filings and tax filings, ensure compliance - Be in compliance with SOX and internal controls. - Liaise with external auditors and take responsibility for achieving sign off of tax related accounts for annual statutory audit PROJECTS AND NEW BUSINESS MODELS - Drive and/or participate in transition and expansion projects - Make recommendations supporting business growth and changes in business models in the region - Find opportunities for streamlining and standardizing and drive towards results EXTERNAL AGENTS - Be a key coordination point with company auditors and tax agents, drive the resolution of any key control issues - Drive the working relationships with key agents, in ensuring fiscal and tax compliance TALENT - Supervise, train and develop team members to ensure the team is performing to a high level and opportunities for advancement exist within the team. - Work collaborate with team members and other functional teams in implementing changes and driving consistency.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree and above
- people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.