Head of Technology Evangelism, Great China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
The Worldwide Developer Relations team at Apple is responsible for a number of areas, including creating and handling strategic partnerships within the iOS, MacOS and watchOS developer community, presenting development best practices and evangelizing technology adoption. As the Technology Evangelism Lead for China, this individual will lead a team of Technology Evangelists to manage relationships with developer organizations in the region and get such developers to create innovative products that fully leverage key iOS, macOS and watchOS technologies for games and other key app genres. These apps are expected to exhibit extraordinary user experience, performance and feature sets. We want you to have expertise competence as an evangelist in various technologies of Apple platforms and be a strong mentor to groom & develop the team of evangelists in both technical knowledge and evangelist skills. He or she will support the team to work closely with Technology Evangelists and Partnership Managers in APAC, in Europe and in the US, to raise the app quality bar and to deliver great titles for local consumption and also for the worldwide market.
- Solid understanding of technology and software development.
- Strong mentorship ability to groom and develop evangelist team.
- Highly proficient with Apple’s development tools and frameworks.
- Skilled at designing intuitive user interfaces and optimizing user experience in line with Apple’s HIG and design patterns.
- Experienced with coding techniques and best practices for energy saving, performance optimization, security, accessibility, and localization.
- Possesses a good understanding of the app ecosystem, particularly for Greater China markets.
- Can build strong internal and external relations to effectively communicate Apple’s platform message and benefits to developers.
- Is persuasive and effective at interacting with all levels of the partner organization, from developer to CxO.
- Results driven with an extraordinary attention to detail, remarkable follow through, and an ability to totally focus on customer experience and service.
- Great listener, able to rapidly understand the other party’s needs, and evaluate a range of solutions.
Lead and mentor a team of technology evangelists. Managing and developing relationships within the local developer community. Working one-on-one with 3rd party software development teams and decision makers to ensure the products they are building are best-of-class or next-gen apps, through UI/UX reviews and technology audits. Driving adoption of iOS technologies such as Metal, Swift, SpriteKit, Core Location, Game Centre, Core Motion by identifying specific opportunities for each 3rd party. Supporting developer technology adoption requirements, through effectively working with multi-functional teams at Apple. Presenting core Apple technologies to a developer audience in an effective and concise manner. Identifying key partners and developing relationships with them. Knowing the latest on trends, UI design topics, latest guidelines, and the newest technologies.
Education & Experience
MA/MS/MBA, with at least 15 years of work experience as a developer plus 8 more years of experience as an evangelist.
- Have excellent presentation, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be fluent in Mandarin and English
- 8+ years of professional programming experience in C, C++, or Obj-C
- 5+ years of iOS or Mac OS X development experience
- 5+ year experience evangelizing for Apple platforms will be preferred.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver quality work under pressure and on tight schedules
- At ease dealing with rapidly changing environments