Supply Base Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Manufacturing Design - Packaging
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- University degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Packaging Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.
- Ability to learn, implement and use Statistical Process Control and Lean Mfg tools to make data driven decisions.
- 3-7 years work experience at OEM factories in the Asia Pacific region.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel frequently upon request.
- A team player who is self-motivated, defining and closing all engineering tasks to meet project objectives, detailed oriented to cut to the root of problems, and ability to learn quickly with little information or support.
• In this highly visible role, you will manage selection, implementation & optimization of manufacturing processes for consumer packaging parts and assemblies for our legendary highly cosmetic consumer products. • Responsibilities include developing new manufacturing processes to enable current and future product designs, conducting DOEs to validate process capability, and qualifying processes for mass production. Full ownership providing end to end solutions including all aspects of equipment, labour, consumables, key parameters, setup, qualification, and mode of operation. • A heavy emphasis will be on working with suppliers to define and refine mechanical tooling and fixtures, creating high quality data sets to drive decision making, and establishing process capability and readiness for mass production. • Interact with Industrial Design and Product Design to develop the most beautiful packaging designs. Coordination of activities between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity. • Expertise in manufacturing processes such as Moulded Fibre, Assembly / Lamination of deformable products, Adhesive Dispensing, Commercial Printing, and related processes is an asset.
Education & Experience
• University degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Packaging Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.