Homekit Software QA Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. HomeKit enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with the world around them.
- - Strong computer science fundamentals, including operating systems and TCP/IP networking
- - Experience with white and black box testing
- - Experience with developing test plans and cases
- - Proficient with scripting, e.g. Python, Perl, Shell, etc.
- - Experience working cross-functionally throughout an organization
- - Experience shipping real products to customers
- - Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- - Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- - Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- - Wifi and/or Bluetooth Experience is a big plus
- - Coding experience is a big plus
As a HomeKit QA Software Engineer you will be working on protocol, api, and end-to-end testing of the software stack and help define the user experience. We are looking for highly collaborative and motivated team members with a passion for quality engineering in home automation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?
- You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. The applicant will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind.