Senior Data Analyst, Digital Marketing
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The role of the Marketing Communications group at Apple is to ensure flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals. Based in Shanghai, as a member of the Apple’s Greater China Marcom team, the Digital Analyst will be responsible for providing critical analysis and insights to help inform and optimize digital and social campaign strategy for all Apple’s marketing communications programs in China.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working on digital content marketing and social content performance evaluation and optimization.
- In-depth knowledge of digital analytics data, measurement, methodologies and industry standards.
- Experience in developing and running segmentation analysis, test and learn programmes and customer journey analysis.
- Excellent communicator with good design sense and natural presentations skills that can weave results into a narrative.
- Self-starter can take a project from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to deal with rapidly changing, time-constrained launch schedules.
- Able to balance multiple projects and assignments.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and patient.
- Experience in working across different global cultures a plus.
- Collaborative, able to work closely with different teams, creative directors and copywriters.
- Able to work under pressure and within short time frames.
- Able to travel to California up to 4 times a year, for 2-3 weeks at a time.
As our Digital Analyst, you will be responsible for providing critical analysis and insights to help inform and optimize digital and social media campaign strategy for all Apple’s marcom programs in China. You will have an understanding of digital analytics, as well as creative best practices and content nuances by platform (online, video, social, paid search, in app, etc) in order to help drive strategy and measure success. You will also have knowledge of current and emerging digital technology and social media platforms and take ownership of analytics and reporting framework, develop and maintain key reporting dashboards which are used to inform strategic and operational decision making. In depth understanding of how Digital/social media fits within the marketing and communications mix Deep understanding of the Greater China Digital and Social media ecosystem and trends Work with Marcom Head of Digital and Head of Planning to track and leverage emerging platforms to identify and engage with known and new audiences Work across different function teams to craft optimal digital/social approach based on business needs Develop a dashboard and set clear KPIs against all channels, campaigns and media tactics where appropriate Work with Social team and Agency to implement social media listening/sentiment tools for use across Marcom Develop and implement procedures for integrating findings into future campaigns and provide creative best practices Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into executive recaps
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Extensive travel required to Cupertino, California. Up to 3 weeks per quarter.