Embedded System Software Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for an exceptional engineer to support and develop tools for the factory building the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Have at least 3 years' work experience.
- A genuine passion for diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues.
- Demonstrated creative and critical independent-thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS tools and UNIX internals.Know stuff like shell scripting, file system manipulation, process management, etc. Not just "I can do perl".
- A strong software development background.
- Objective-C/Cocoa programming a strong plus, iPhone programming experience a double plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgment; a self-directed, proactive approach to tackling problems and working through impediment and an an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
- Work cooperatively with other parts of to diagnose and debug factory production issues.
- Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing manufacturability and testability of our software while preserving ease-of-use and increasing the quality of the end-user experience.
- Help design and implement future technologies designed to ease software validation and installation of iOS in the factory.
- Evangelise and drive the adoption of these technologies and policies across the organisation.
- Up to 30% travel.
As an engineer of advanced technologies for the iOS, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on Apple's embedded operating system products and how they are manufactured and supported. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and encourages people taking the initiative. This job will require someone comfortable with being autonomous and willing to take responsibility for day to day tasks.
Education & Experience
Major in computer science, EE or related field.