Finance Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? The Global Finance Projects team has an opening for a Finance Project Manager supporting a variety of finance-focused system implementation projects including business expansions for Apple’s direct and indirect channels including Apple Retail, Online Store supporting new services and new payment methods.
- The Project Manager role may require travel both domestically and internationally. You'll be able to function in a fast paced, dynamic, global environment and capable stabilizing multiple priorities that are deadline driven. You have excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills along with experience working with cross-functional teams. Solid business judgment, including fact-based and data-drive decision-making am essential along with the ability to work well with all levels of leadership and an ability to actively engage partners and customers to ensure that projects complete on time and within budget.
- ADDITIONAL HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- - Project life cycle systems implementation experience with SAP (FI and SD modules) or other Finance systems.
- - Successful finance business process re-engineering experience
- - Strong written & verbal presentation skills including, business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals
- - Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with global business partners
- - Ability to innovate and share standard methodologies with members of the project team
- - Excellent negotiation skills in addition to the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity will also be critical
- - Ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
- - Working understanding of common financial terms, key processes and theories
- - Verbal and reading/written proficiency in English and Mandarin
- - PMI/PMP certification is a plus.
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
For this critical role, Apple is looking for someone with 7+ years of Finance business and systems project management experience. The responsibilities of this role include: - Work closely with all Apple business units including Apple Retail, Online Store, Internet Services, Global Business Solutions (GBS), AppleCare, Operations, IT (IS&T) and other organizations in order to drive critical projects on time, and on budget while meeting key business capabilities. - Handle project timelines and plans, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition in accordance with Apple’s standardized Project Lifecycle methodology. - Prepare or handle project organization, landmark roadmap, business requirements documents (BRD), request for proposals (RFP), business process documentation including inputs & outputs, project success metrics and management presentations. - Act as a liaison between the business and technology groups to ensure business project needs are met. - Identify and lead to the major project landmarks which require the ability to seek out material issues impacting the project and quickly resolve the issues to ensure timelines and functionality expectations are met. - Communicate project status on a regular basis, monitor and run project risk throughout the life of the project, prepare the business for change readiness as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree minimum in an area of accounting or finance; CPA, MBA or PMI preferred. Or You will have an equivalent degree in the area of information systems.