Supply Demand Planning Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. POSITION OVERVIEW: Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, Asia Operations Supply Demand Planner. You will be the voice of Apple’s worldwide customers to the production and operations teams in China. As the liaison Apple’s headquarters and Apple’s Asia Operations team and OEM partners, you will lead the execution of supply plans within one or more OEM production facilities to meet Apple’s customer demand requirements. This person will act as focal point in development, communication, and execution of a factory’s daily product supply and contingency plans, and will track and work towards achieve weekly targets. Initial product line focus will be figured out at time of hire, and future opportunities could be in any of Apple’s product lines, including iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPod, iPhone, Refurb, and Accessories. Extraordinary Operations excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's success, and the Supply Demand Planner plays a significant role in ensuring Operations and financial success for Apple.
- You will have at least 5 years’ Operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.
- Prior experience in product planning, production control, inventory management, or production / manufacturing operations is preferred.
- You will combine a working knowledge of extraordinary supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- You will be able to exert tactful influence in a matrixed organization and an outstanding teammate and communicator.
- You should be comfortable presenting to senior management. Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of amenity in working with numbers.
1. In conjunction with Apple’s Worldwide Supply Demand team, understand Apple’s demand environment. Develop and maintain daily OEM production targets, to meet Apple’s weekly supply requirements by channel, region, and SKU. Project and commit to OEM’s ability to achieve plans. 2. Track and report OEM production results vs targets / commits by customer channel. Evaluate risks to target attainment, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. 3. Partner with Apple Operations and OEM to plan factory capacity requirements based on demand projections. Allocate constrained capacity between products or customer channels. 4. Oversee with Apple Operations, Materials, and Procurement teams to track incoming supply for production-critical components. Allocate constrained component supply between products and customer channels. 5. Lead regular meetings to communicate plans with Worldwide and Regional Supply Demand Planning teams for input and feedback. Adapt plans based on changing customer requirements. 6. Lead with OEM factory and Apple Operations and Logistics teams to prioritize critical orders, ensure orders ship cleanly as scheduled, and drive improved order cycle time. 7. Develop processes to accomplish above responsibilities. Identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion, to achieve targeted measurable benefits.
Education & Experience