Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a Company that is known for its impressive lineup of products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision— creating innovative products that delight customers. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solution (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today and we seek a high calibre Finance professional to be part of this global team. As a regional GBS hub, we continually strive to provide high standards of performance and to support the growth in the China region. The Tax team is searching for a Tax Accountant, based in Shanghai. The Tax team will play a pivotal role in building a world class Finance Shared Services center, be focused in developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple businesses in China, with particular focus in indirect taxes. To develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of statutory controls and compliance; To act as the first point of contact on external escalations relating to China tax enquiries; To partner with corporate and regional teams to meet deliverables that are aligned with key performance metrics and service level agreements defined with key stakeholders.
- Good knowledge in China statutory and tax filing requirements.
- 5 to 8 years of related commercial working experience, of which at least 2 years are in a fast-paced, MNC environment.
- Good command of English and Chinese language, both written and spoken.
- Solid analytical skills with a process focus.
- The ability to recognize issues within processes and organizations, while considering functional interdependencies.
- Experience working in a matrix environment. The ability to influence without necessarily having positional power. Collaborative approach.
- Ability to manage across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Possession of a passion for business process excellence.
- Mature, responsible, self driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to think on an enterprise level and be forward looking.
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
- System implementation and project management experience is a plus.
- Qualification of Accounting Certificate is a plus.
Compliance: External reporting & internal Apple reporting Statutory filing and compliance Tax filings and compliance Identify opportunities for streamlining and standardization Effective and rigorous communication with stakeholder Projects and new business models: Drive and/or participate in transition and expansion projects Make recommendations to support business growth and changes in business models in the region External agents: Be a key coordination point with company auditors and tax agents, drive the resolution of any key control issues Drive the working relationships with key agents, to ensure fiscal and tax compliance
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree and above