Sr. Module Process Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a Sr. Module Process Engineer to join Panel, Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team. Module Process Engineers are responsible for developing innovative manufacturing technologies to resolve complicated design, manufacturing and quality challenges for Display & Touch module of future Apple products. Individual in this role will serve as a focal point in the process development of advanced key process modules from the concept/architecture stage through product engineering validation builds. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self motivated. You need to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area. This role is based in Asia.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead a project from lab scale development to high volume production without major last minute surprises
- Hands-on experience in the development of module processes & its integration in back-end processes of Flat Panel Display & Touch industry or other related industries
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis, SPC control
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Project Management- Excellent data handling, documentation, critical milestone creation, and organization skill
- Ability for International business travel to support project implementation and collaborate with external vendors for product manufacturing
- Optical module or multi-layer structure optical characterization experience, or optical inspection tool development experience is a plus
- Process technology feasibility studies through theoretical simulation and/or practical engineering methods - Vendor engagement – Collaborate with and drive display module vendors to develop full module process and manufacturing line from proof of concept to ready to scale-up. - Process Development - Lead design and development of technically complex manufacturing processes including material selection, parameter optimization, equipment, metrology and system design to enable new products designs & functional requirements. - Develop Process for Manufacturability – Lead FMEA. Provide early and on-going manufacturing leadership to ensure new process is scalable for high volume - Failure Analysis - Lead root cause analysis and metrology development for issues related to new process technology - Cross-functional interaction with Product Design, Display Engineering, Display Operations and international vendors - Keep abreast of relevant industrial process & material manufacturing technical trends
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science