Embedded System Software Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The CoreOS China team within Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for an extraordinary software engineer to work on state-of-the art technology, debug, and bring-up of next generation iOS devices. We work on a core technology for Apple. In this role you will have the opportunity to make a major impact in the way that Apple develops and ships iOS based products. Our working environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Have 2 years' work experience preferred, but not a must
- A genuine passion for embedded development and debug
- Basic understanding on Operating System concept
- Experience in C/C++, and object oriented programming
- Experience using source control systems like Git
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgment; a self-directed, proactive approach to tackling problems and working through impediment and an an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
Work with multi-functional teams to support product requirements for the iPhone/iPad/AppleWatch/AppleTV Bring-up, verification, and debug of new hardware platforms Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple to diagnose and debug new product introduction (NPI) issues in factory. Develop services, frameworks and applications for both factory and consumers Support product features and functional/industry specifications Involvement in specification for hardware platforms
Education & Experience
Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.
- Experience writing embedded device drivers
- Experience with platform bring-up or porting of operating systems
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills