Senior Panel Process Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a world-class Senior Panel Process and Optics Engineer with thin film process experience to join the PPO Engineering team. Senior Panel Process and Optics engineers have a strong technical background in a relevant technical field, for example display, semiconductor, or touch panel fabrication. A successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to realize next generation display and touch sensor technology. This position demands broad technical strengths, together with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- - 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- - Working experience of process/material development/production in display panel, touch sensor, flexible electronics and R2R process.
- - Proven ability to perform DOE, SPC and failure analysis is a requirement.
- - Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Experience in consumer/portable products
- - Experience working with off shore suppliers and manufacturers
- - Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display or touch products
- Lead engineering investigation, equipment, process and material development for new concepts and advanced technology on roll-to-roll process - Work with project team in Cupertino/Asia and Asia vendors to carry out new product from proof of concept phase to initial ramping - Lead failure analysis and guide Asia vendors to resolve any process, design, and optical issues in engineering phase, define quality control items and conduct FMEA. - Optimize and improve existing device design, thin film process window and materials for better optical, electrical, mechanical performance, and reliability. - Facilitate scale-up of process technology to mass production
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering and/or related Engineering background Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?