Sensor Design Engineer (EE)
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Design sensor solutions that shape next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology team develops cutting-edge Sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills. Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g., MATLAB/Python, or similar simulation and modeling tools. Proficiency in data analysis tools, e.g., JMP.
- Solid EE fundamentals. Strong background in analog and mixed-signal design (RLC filters, op-amp circuits, board-level circuits, etc.). Hands-on experience in system-level design.
- Experience with sensor technology - signal conditioning, MCU interfacing; digital signal processing is a plus.
- Experience with driving engineering activities at factory and working with vendors is a plus.
Support new product development in region, including failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, build data analysis, build report, tester bring-up, facilitating factory activities for extensive data collection, and system-level problem solving. Assist with characterization, validation and design analysis of next generation sensor design. Train vendors on failure mode analysis, build reporting and delivering tasks to Apple standard. Schematic design of validation boards, interposer flexes and FA boards. Guide layout design. Support and maintain basic hardware and software tools (Python, Matlab based). Travel to Cupertino for design reviews/training as needed. MULTI-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams based in Cupertino to provide in region support. Provide verbal and written updates to multi-functional and management teams about build activities and insights at vendor sites.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, with 5+ years industry experiences, or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with 2+ years industry experiences.