People Business Partner
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an innovative Sr. People Business Partner to thrive as senior collaborator in a challenging and fast-paced environment. You will deliver a full spectrum of HR deliverables that align with the businesses’ strategic goals. We believe this is an exciting opportunity to work as a trusted advisor to business teams to provide solutions and recommendations in the people space.
- Minimum of 10-15 years work experience in similar HR roles, preferably in mid-to-large size businesses, high-tech or contact centre experience is preferred
- Strong command and current knowledge of PRC labor laws and regulations
- Proven ability to think broadly, while also dealing with detailed information and execution excellence
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive HR issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including fluency in both Mandarin and English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the clients’ needs
- Coaching, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills are critical
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- High proficiency in computer skills to perform routine analysis
Business Knowledge/Acumen Displays a depth of understanding of organizations, including key business functions and processes and a passion to build business insight. Organizational Development and Design Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Advises and influences managers on key organizational and management concerns. Employee Relations Advises with managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, investigations, terminations, review of appealed terminations, reorganizations, legal claims, etc. Talent & Performance Management Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including identifying key talent, succession planning, recognition and rewards, attendance/performance issues, performance improvement, and terminations. Compensation/Benefits Executes compensation and benefits programs (annual salary planning process, salary surveys and analysis, benefits programs, and employee services). Partners with management and Comp and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, etc. Staffing Partners with the Staffing organization and the line organizations to fill open requisitions. Training Understands the training/development needs and acts as liaison with Apple University to provide appropriate training to the organization. HR Metrics Provide insightful reports and analysis of essential HR data to line management. Recommends programs and/or enhancements as necessary. Special Projects Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, MBA a plus