Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for an in-region Display Engineer (based in Shanghai China) to lead the design, development, and qualification of the next generation Displays used in Mac portable products.
- - Able to perform rigorous optical design with proven validation plan
- - The ideal candidate has fast issue solving skills on multi-discipline engineering issues at factory assembly line
- - Able to perform hands-on failure analysis on reliability failures
- - Must have clear logical thinking on problem solving process
- - Must have strong data analysis skills
- - Excellent project managements with good written and verbal interpersonal skills and people skills
- - Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- - Experience with Machine Leaning and/or image processing is preferred
- - Programming experiences (such as MatLab, Python, C++) is preferred
- - Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products is preferred
You will serve as a focal point among display system integration and components suppliers, managing all engineering activities necessary to deliver displays into final products from initial design concept to mass production. The individual will work with system product design team, display team, factory assembly team, and display vendors. The individual will be responsible for the overall display module development acting as Direct Responsible Individual - Investigate up-to-date Flat Panel Display technologies and generate innovative ideas to further improve Mac portable display optical performances - Act as key focal point of display engineering issues in factory assembly line - Define and review the overall module optical architecture and performance requirements (including panel & backlight) - Achieve performance goals through optical design optimization, optical simulation tools (such as LightTools, ASAP, Zemax) and prototyping - Define & implement rigorous validation plan for display overall performances - Work with system design team and system reliability teams to understand system and validate display modules at system level - Work with multi-functional teams and suppliers through the entire product development cycle and support the initial product ramp
Education & Experience
PhD in Physics, Material Sciences, Optics, EE, or MS with minimum 3 years experience, or BS degree with a minimum of 5 years experience Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?