Product Quality Engineer
Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
iPhone's explosive growth has built new opportunities for individuals to work on one of the most exciting products ever introduced by Apple. Apple seeks an individual with the skills to strategically identify and drive corrective actions for the top issues affecting the iPhone product family. In this position, you will have responsibility for iPhone system failure analysis to identify and drive improvements to current and new products. In the position, you will be a key role to support ongoing quality improvement for the iPhone. You will partner with the suppliers to ensure high quality of the product. You will be responsible for developing and implementing standards for all aspects of product quality during development & Mass Production.
- - Proven technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of Assembly, Test, Pack-out, processes.
- - Highly motivated and ability to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- - In depth knowledge in quality methodologies with command of tools including statistical analysis, DOE, FMEA etc.
- - Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate issues and lead a team to solution are required.
- - Ability to multi-task.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- - Experience of working in consumer goods industry where cosmetic quality is as critical as functionality
- - Experience of display or display integration manufacturing/ quality management
- - Experience of managing manufacturing process of manual assembly, semi- auto and auto assembly
- - Knowledge of shop floor control is a plus
- Focus on a few specific products made by Apple’s manufacturing partners/ suppliers. - Develop a close working relationship with our manufacturing partners/ suppliers. - Interface and coordinate work activities between Quality and other team members. - Uses production and field data to monitor, control and improve product quality to improve the yield and reduce the field return rate. - Execute the Product Quality plans for new products at the manufacturing partners/ suppliers and manage the product quality at the sites. - Perform Audits at the manufacturing partners/ suppliers to ensure compliance - Ensure lessons learned from prior projects are used to improve the quality management process, and lead to improved product quality and reliability. - Be responsible for implementing quality systems and following through on improvements and corrective actions.
Education & Experience
- BS in Electronic or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, master degree or MBA is plus. - Minimum of 7 to 10 Years experience in Manufacturing Environment