Manager, Technical Program Manager (TPM), Camera
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple Camera Product Operations and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Manager of Camera TPM role has wide-ranging responsibilities covering all technical and quality support of Camera Products Manufacturing The role is based in Cupertino, leading a team of Camera TPMs. You will be responsible for a range of factories in various countries. Frequent and flexible travel is required. The Camera TPM Manager will be an operational technical authority for a module family and will have the full understanding and ownership of: - the design, function and testing of cameras - the integration of camera to the final system and how interaction occurs - the manufacturing process, test and IPQC control - the quality control and Failure analysis of Camera products The Camera TPM Manager will lead and support ramp readiness and troubleshoot all issues that impact volume and quality in mass production
- Overall 10+ years of working experience. Ideally in high volume high quality manufacturing, like semiconductor packaging industry, working on assembly packaging and test, camera, optics, light sensing or other non-standard products in an ultra-cleanroom environment.
- Ideally 5+ years focused on camera design/manufacturing/Testing
- Ideal candidate has managed a team of highly skilled TPMs (Technical Program Managers for Manufacturing)
- You can demonstrate experience dealing with ambiguity within the Apple organization
- You have the required Technical skill-set to work well with cross functional management teams and can stand your ground to push back on non-manufacturable scenarios
- You have experience driving yield, productivity, and cost initiatives with OPM/GSM teams into factories
- Incumbent should have track record of technical excellence and interaction with vendors.
- Fluent English with excellent written communication, management presentation skills, and ability to comprehend and articulate complex technical issues and impacts to supply
- Willing to travel outside of designated country. This could reach 50% on peak demand period.
- Able to work under time pressure and adaptable to flex work hours for international conference calls.
- Systematic and organized approach in problem solving and data analysis
- Second language preferred
NPI ACTIVITIES: - Collaborate with R&D / Engineering / Supply Management team for timely deployment of new projects - Manage product ramp blockers and design for manufacturability, for the materials, the processes and the equipment during the NPI phase. Collaborate with cross-functional teams for timely corrective actions through each build to intercept the ramp. - Own On-site reviews for ramp readiness. This can include raw material suppliers, equipment, and module assembly sites. - Co-developed with process/quality engineering teams to develop process control plans (PCP) for: quality (CTQ) metrics, critical to safety (CTS) test, data automation and database, new cORT reliability test. - Project Manage new manufacturing equipment or techniques - Verify that all planning assumptions are realistic to achieve the capacity target. Agree and validate targets. - Identify, prioritize and mitigate key technical risks associated with a product to enable the quality ramp of a product. - Conduct factory readiness review for engineering builds, pilot runs and mass production RAMP AND MASS PRODUCTION: - Participate in product engineering meetings and take the lead to resolve any module integrator quantity or quality problems. Communicate the status clearly. Voice of the Asia factory in Cupertino. - Liaise with Procurement, Engineering, and Supplier quality engineers, and factory technical operations managers. Take the lead to resolve technical issues blocking capacity and quality stability - Run the cross factory yield improvement programs and collaborate with Cupertino engineering. - Manage post-ramp qualification of new material, process and specification changes. - Work with Cupertino Quality system engineers on field returns/key learnings and incorporate the fan out of Best Known Methods (BKM) to all Module integrators and suppliers in the sector. - Cross audit the manufacturing sites and ensure BKM fan-out and sharing. - Drive continuous improvement with the site SQE/TOPM by assisting them in cross functional reviews/analysis with the Cupertino teams and final module integrations teams
Education & Experience
Masters / BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Optics or related technical discipline
- International Travel Required: 25%+