Global Payroll Accountant - China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive line up of products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Music and Apple Watch. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with extraordinary managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, excellence, and dedicated thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Global Business Solution (GBS) organization operates four shared service centers around the world today and we seek a high calibre Finance professional to be part of this global team. As a regional GBS hub, we continually strive to provide high standards of performance and to support the growth in the China region.
- More than 5 years of related commercial working experience, preferably in a fast paced MNC Shared Services environment
- Fluent in English and Chinese - written and spoken
- Experience in SAP system will be an advantage
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to recognise issues within processes and organisations, while considering functional interdependencies
- Possess a real passion for business process excellence
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and quickly adjust to changing business priorities and timelines
- Customer-focused with excellent social and communication skills
- Able to perform robust business process analysis, recommend and execute solutions
We are looking to hire a high calibre Finance professional to support the Greater China region, based in Shanghai. Reporting to the Global Payroll Accounting Manager and as part of a global team, you will play an integral part in handling the close activities for China entities, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting inline with SOX compliance, Apple policy and US GAAP. Activities would include preparing & booking journal entries, meeting close deliverables, maintaining and reconciling balance sheet accounts and participating in Quarterly Balance Sheet Reviews. You will drive process and efficiency improvements through innovation. You will also be working with the team to establish and implement consistent and effective processes globally Being part of an organization that promotes excellence, you will ensure robustness of the processes and internal controls as well as taking personal leadership to develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of controls and compliance. You will have a strong customer focus, partnering with corporate, regional and local teams to meet deliverables, support analysis and enhance the customer experience for our key partners. You will play an active role in ensuring completion and successful implementation of ad hoc projects, making recommendations as necessary to support business operations and expansion.
Education & Experience
Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.