Product Quality Manager, iPod/iPhone/iPad Accessories
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this position, you will manage supplier quality assurance during mass production to meet product quality requirements: Reviews IQC rejects; involves with sub tier supplier quality issues & drives for quality improvement; monitors FATP fallout; reviews & drives supplier FACA; Actively get CM personnel focused on fixing issues quickly & effectively;
- - An IC role, Requires minimum 5 years quality assurance experiences with products like mobile phone / high end lap top, etc with advanced knowledge in Change Control, Corrective and Preventive Action, FMEA, and measurement correlation, etc; Experiences in acoustic quality, process engineering or test would be a plus;
- - Have good knowledge of general manufacturing processes, engineering drawings, schematics, specs, test methods
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English and detail oriented;
- - Six Sigma Black Belt preferred;
- - Willing to work independently for On site build support and travel frequently upon request (mainly in Asia).
- - Great teammate, self-motivated, result oriented & detailed oriented;
- - Crisis management skills & capabilities
- Manages supplier quality assurance during mass production to meet product quality requirements: Reviews IQC rejects; involves with sub tier supplier quality issues & drives for quality improvement; monitors FATP fallout; reviews & drives supplier FACA; Actively get CM personnel focused on fixing issues quickly & effectively; - Interacts with cross-function teams in Cupertino & APO to drive yield rate improvement. - Ensures that suppliers deliver quality finish goods or parts, materials, and services: responsible for supporting the qualification and on- going quality improvement of accessories. - Reviews product specs/requirements with suppliers, qualifies suppliers according to company standards, qualifies assembly lines and fixtures, and manages limit samples. Strong focus on cosmetic quality is required. - Review dimensional measurement systems in IQC, IPQC, OQC, and ORT to ensure high accuracy. - Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices and quality standards are met: e.g. factory audit from EVT, DVT, PVT, sustaining. - Evaluates suppliers’ internal quality functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operations.
Education & Experience
- BS in Electronic or Electro-Mechanical Engineering - Minimum of 7 to 10 Years experience in Manufacturing Environment