Development Hardware Exchange Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? You'll help protect the next generation of Apple products by applying your superb organizational skills, extraordinary customer service oriented, and renowned discretion in a dynamic environment. You will track and distribute our most confidential prototypes and interact with various engineering teams as well as cross-functional partners.
- Amazing customer service mindset and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal savvy, with track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Experience in handling or tracking high value inventory.
- Process driven, detailed oriented, innovative thinking.
- Discrete and able to keep secrets and guard security guidelines.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
- Validated computer skills, including experience searching online databases and working with spreadsheets.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, able to think clearly and solve problems independently, even within rapidly change conditions.
As a team member you have the incredible responsibility of ensuring prototypes make it safely into engineers’ hands. You will help to receive secure shipments from factories, update our global tracking database, distribute prototypes to partners, and collect old hardware for destruction. Additionally, you will help refine and improve processes, keep our stockroom and library organized, and track the location of thousands of items. In addition, you may follow up with cross-functional partners to escalate and resolve key issues, be assigned short-term or ongoing projects to improve the services we provide to the engineering community, or be asked to work collaboratively with your teammates to audit and enforce security policy. You will feel energized through interacting with next generation products and providing high level customer service to our engineer community. Finally, when a new product is publicly announced you will celebrate the success along with the project team knowing your hard work allowed us to surprise and delight our customers. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS - Able to lift and transport Apple products and push or pull loaded carts/pallets of goods. - Familiarity with Apple’s products and basic troubleshooting preferred. - Familiarity with logistics shipping service and custom clearance preferred. Every day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do? Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.