Project Manager, Resource Planning
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple Retail Stores exist to enrich lives, connect with the community, and are designed to unite liberal arts and technology - imagine what you could do here. We are looking for a key player who is passionate about the employee experience and driving strong business results through effective resource planning and employee engagement strategies. You will work with Global Retail Support partners to design and launch Apple’s newest innovations and initiatives. This role relies on collaboration, ability to design, think strategically and execute programs that enhance the in-store employee experience, through the filters of Team, Customer and Apple. A successful candidate will be involved in the design, management, and execution of key projects and initiatives relating to scheduling, staffing strategies, and solving complex technical problems that relate to resource planning tools and technology Keys to success would include exceptional analytical, collaborative, problem solving, and communication skills, as well as a natural desire to drive results and deliver hands-on execution.
- Excellent project management and organization skills. Understanding of project management life-cycle and theories.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to identify trends and forecast resource coverage models.
- Proven knowledge of Scheduling systems and processes.
- Experience in staffing strategies and/or organization design
- Flexibility to handle directional changes and proficient at managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail.
- A global thinker, who performs well in high-pressure situations in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Commitment to identifying and communicating creative and innovative ideas in a way that gains consensus and builds partnership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance.
- Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and technology.
- Self-aware and reflective in both productivity and performance. Leads self-improvement conversations regularly. Attends course and classes focused on improvement.
- Strong business acumen and instinct.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are a plus.
- A minimum of three or more years of project management a plus.
- Previous Retail Store Operations, Store Management or Field Leadership a plus.
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones and some travel required
Develop and implement projects that deliver results across Retail relating to resource planning, staffing and scheduling – maximizes store team efficiency, and improve Scheduling processes. Create, manage, and execute detailed project plans, key documentation, process maps, and schedules, with responsibility for task and team coordination. Track project and deliverables, regularly coordinate and escalate high priority issues communicating status to global teams. Maintain awareness of, and direct projects to align with current Apple Retail vision, priorities, focus, and initiatives. Ability to develop strong global working relationships with corporate partners and field teams to ensure delivery of the best possible experience to Apple Retail customers. Develop and maintain key partnership with the field including Regional Directors, Market Leaders, Store Leaders, and store teams sharing key projects and initiatives by traveling to markets, hosting forums, conducting calls, and creating a feedback and communication outlet. Turn information gathered into results that influence current projects or create new/improved initiatives that drive results. Be the voice and global point of escalation for stores on all projects. Identify roadblocks and potential impacts (both systematic and procedural) before they emerge; escalate issues through the appropriate channels to gain resolution quickly. Work closely with and maintain key partnership with the Communications team to ensure initiatives, process changes, and updates are communicated effectively to store teams. Work closely with and maintain key partnership with the Retail Learning & Development team to create, design, and deliver effective training necessary for effective project deployment. Work closely with the Employee Relations and HR teams to ensure that all Resource Planning programs land successfully with relevant approvals. Work closely with and maintain key partnership with the Systems and Technology teams to identify and resolve systematic issues that may negatively impact Apple Retail Stores. Partner with peers and the field to maintain awareness of global initiatives, compliance, systems, technology, and current day climate within stores. Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of store systems, processes, and the Apple Retail model. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
BA/BS and/or MBA preferred