Network Security Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple is seeking an exceptional senior network security engineer to join a world-class solution engineering team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dy-namic and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have a good mixture of deep technical know-how in both networking and security domains and will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting secure and critical net-works in global locations.
- 10+ years’ experience in designing, deploying and maintaining critical net-work infrastructure with minimum 6+ years’ experience specialized in net-work security infrastructures
- Expert level understanding of LAN/WLAN security and able to build security into network design and implementation.
- Experience and understanding of virtual and software-defined network (SDN)
- Experience with MPLS networks and products including traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, and VRF.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills of complex LAN/WAN issues and profi-cient in packet analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on skills in implementing and configuring multi-vendor network security solutions (e.g. firewall, IDS/IPS, Proxy and content filtering.)
- Experience and understanding of network automation techniques is a plus
- Strong team player with high degree of flexibility
- Experience working in global organizations with diversified cultural, lan-guage and time zone environment
- Willing and able to travel
This role holds full responsibilities and ownership of critical network infrastructure operating in a diversified and highly secured environment. The existing scope of the work includes the following and will be extended with emerging new technolo-gy and new business initiatives. •Research and design new network infrastructure including engineering specifications, solution selections and resource requirements. •Deploy and secure network Infrastructure in critical business environment across the world •Trouble-shoot and optimize existing LAN/WLAN/WAN infrastructure in multi-ple global locations •Maintain and upgrade firmware/OS on Network Devices •Configuration and maintenance of Load Balancer Hardware •Configuration and maintenance of Console server hardware •Configuration and maintenance of Layer 2 Switches •Configuration and maintenance of Layer 3 Routers •Configuration and maintenance of Layer 3 Firewalls •Document network infrastructure and design •On-call support duty
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.