Great China Trade Compliance Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that is revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? Apple is looking for a Trade Compliance Manager located in Shanghai, China. You will report to Apple Greater China Trade Compliance Manager and be responsible for assistance in ensuring Apple’s import / export activities are in compliance with customs laws and regulations for Greater China region. You also be involved in various company projects to cover import / export daily operations, trade compliance customers concern handling, customs valuation, tariff classification, customs broker management and OEM customs issue coordination. You requires strong import / export regulatory and operational knowledge to efficiently resolve issues and effectively implement policies and procedures to ensure sustainable compliance.
- Strong knowledge of general China Customs and import/export laws and regulations
- With experience / knowledge of processing trade, duty-free equipment supervision and bonded zone operations in relation to OEM’s operation in China.
- Experience in China Customs AEO qualification and upgrade
- Versed experience in customs brokerage import and export operations, with the ability to manage multiple customs brokers and I/E agents
- Knowledge from regulatory and operational experience in relation to China Inspection and Quarantine (CIQ)
- Ability to interpret regulations to ensure trade compliance and business functionality
- Proven ability to efficiently coordinate with customs and other local authorities and experts to successfully resolve queries.
- Skills in working with internal teams and external partners on problem resolving and escalation handling efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English and Mandarin
- Undergraduate degree; 5+ years (preferable 8+ years) experience with China trade compliance, international logistics support or equivalent experience.
initial Definitions of Success in the Position: - Efficiently resolve problems and handle escalations from internal teams and external partners on daily basis. - OEM / manufacturing supplier management on the customs related escalations - Assisting Apple’s customs AEO management / upgrade - Managing Apple’s customs brokers in daily operations.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree; 5+years (preferable 8+ years) experience with China trade compliance, international logistics support or equivalent experience.
- Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple, What will you do?
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants