Health Program Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is committed to ensuring the highest standards of social responsibility wherever our products are made and the Supplier Responsibility team upholds values around human rights, environment, and health and safety in our global supply chain. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Have experience managing teams, and working in both program and project management. You should have strong communication and negotiation skills, and be an effective communicator both written and verbally. Possessing data collection and analysis skills is also important.
- You closely follow emerging trends in the fields of social issues, sustainable development, personal health, and well-being, and have familiarity with supply chain and manufacturing. You are passionate about inspiring change in a variety of health subjects like women’s health, nutrition, mental health and well-being.
- This detail-focused candidate should be equal parts people manager, project manager and strategic thinker.
- Organized in data collection, project scheduling, and coordination
- Ability to execute on strategy and track progress against goals
- Ability to analyze relevant content or data and measure impact metrics related to effectiveness of program
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to direct stakeholders working at both strategic and tactical levels
- Familiarity with online and web and mobile-based platforms and communities
- Ability to manage third party vendors to ensure timely deliverable of program
- Ease in developing strong relationships and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- The ideal candidate will have supply chain experience and be familiar with at least one of the following program areas: social responsibility, corporate sustainability, human rights, personal health and well-being, or empowerment.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Manger Requirements
- Ability to establish operational objectives and work plans, and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals and drive results.
- Directly manages Apple employees and provides guidance and direction to subordinates.
- Coordinates activities of the program and team with responsibility for budgets, schedules, work plans, staffing and performance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with peer group managers in cross-functional work within SR and other Apple teams, and able to lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning the program, the team and external program partners.
The Manager, Health in Supplier Responsibility will lead the health programs for supply chain workforce. In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day project coordination of the health programs across many supplier facilities in China, India and Vietnam. Primary responsibilities include managing the team, communications with suppliers and external parties, coordination of scheduling, maintaining accurate records of key data, analyzing program performance, and ensuring the program is on track. Other responsibilities will be centered around supporting strategy for current and existing program models, while always looking for ways to innovate.
Education & Experience
•Minimum BA/BS degree, Master’s degree preferred, with understanding, educational background in, or passion for sustainability/corporate social responsibility. At least 5+ years relevant experience.
- •Knowledge of or experience in the technology sector desired.
- •Understanding of supply chain and cultural and business context a must.
- •Chinese and English language skills required.