Global Supply Manager
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This Commodity Manager will focus on specific commodity and will play a critical role in the overall success of the Apple fulfilment model. Acting as a key interface between global commodity specialists, WW Materials, strategic suppliers and Apple contract manufacturers. The Commodity Manager is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership;
- Broad operations/supply chain management experience;
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility;
- Demonstrate ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives; Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Managing the development and implementation of procurement initiatives - Collaborating with global commodity specialists to support new product development strategy and implementation, optimising material selection to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability, and industry leadership in quality - Support strategic sourcing strategies and maintain supplier relationships - Act as resident expert in assigned commodity - Ensure supply assurance, implementing regular capacity planning review for critical commodities, conduct regular review to assure ramp readiness for new program - Ensure continuity of supply, driving necessary and timely action for potential supply issue, strong alignment with WW Material for accurate CTB - Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing excellent supplier flexibility while maintaining total lowest cost cradle to grave with global commodity specialists. - Work with suppliers, contract manufactures, and Apple internal cross functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support business goals and objectives - Develop and drive team to achieve established goals and objectives
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree with supply chain or commodity management experience; MBA a plus.
- Language Skills - Mandarin, English