Failure Analysis Engineer - Surface / Mechanical Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming fantastic products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues. We are part of a multi-functional team concentrating on development, characterization, and failure analysis of next generation materials and products. You will support multi-functional partners to take on some of the industry’s most complex and significant problems.
- - In order to be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding and hands-on experience with surface topography analysis (i.e., interferometry and profilometry), hardness testing and knowledge of surface energy analysis using the water contact angle technique.
- - You are adept at conveying complex data into a concise and understandable form
- - Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- - Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- - This role involves high volume activity.
- - Extraordinary problem solving abilities and strong attention to detail
- - Proven ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- - Willingness to collaborate closely across the organization
- - Ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks at the same time
- - Flexible and able to quickly change course to meet the needs of the business.
- - Dynamic and “can do” attitude with a dream to work with multiple teams and products
In this role, you will be our Failure Analysis lab’s surface topography, water contact angle and hardness testing specialist. You will collaborate closely with other lab personnel working in complimentary areas and with the lab’s multi-functional customers to solve difficult materials problems together.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Materials Science or a related discipline. - 3+ years of materials characterization lab experience with surface topography and failure analysis.