Materials Engineer / Failure Analysis Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you want to be part of a multi-functional team concentrating on characterization and failure analysis of next generation materials and products? Come join a creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues. In this role, you will be responsible for performing hands-on root cause failure analysis and in-depth characterizations using advanced analytical tools, and accountable for recommending corrective action and conveying results to the team and upper management. Your expert analysis is indispensable in guaranteeing a reliable product.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- - Hands on experience with SEM, FIB and EDS
- - Familiarity with a wide variety of materials characterization techniques
- - Understanding of the mechanical, chemical, and electrical behavior of materials
- - Expertise in fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- - Ability to convey complex data sets from multiple sources into a concise and understandable form
- - Experience with mechanical sample preparation is a plus
- PERSONAL SKILL SET
- - Organized and passionate about details with extraordinary problem solving abilities
- - Excellent verbal and written communication
- - Proven fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English
- - Ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks at the same time
- - Willing to collaborate closely across the organization
- - Enjoys working with a highly motivated lab team
- - Flexible and able to quickly change course to meet the needs of the business
We seek a curious failure analysis engineer who thoughtfully resolves issues using creative ideas, has a background in electron microscopy and a willingness to dive deep into complex issues.
Education & Experience
This position requires 5+ years of experience in materials characterization / failure analysis. B.S., M.S. or PhD in a Materials Science or a related discipline (Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Geological Science, for example).