Senior Program Manager, Internet Services for China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to help drive the growth of our Internet Services in China. We're looking for someone with consistent record of building and managing complex relationships. You will be responsible for managing our relationship with a critical Chinese partner, but you will handle much more than the relationship. Our China programs are a blend of business, technical, product, finance, legal, and even physical infrastructure. You are expected to drive work and influence outcomes in all of those areas. You will be based in China, but you will be working hand-in-hand with teams in the United States. As our representative in China, you are expected to be the eyes and ears on the ground. You will need to use your expert communication and relationship building skills to mitigate the complexities of driving projects across distances and time zones. While this is not a pure technical role, the responsibilities include driving and influencing engineering work with teams across Apple. Understanding technical issues and effective communication with engineering teams is a must. You should have experience owning and delivering complex projects under demanding timelines.
- At least 5 years of program management, partner management, product management, or equivalent experience.
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with external partners. Bonus points for experience in China.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Fluency in Mandarin and written Simplified Chinese.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past engineering or related infrastructure experience.
This is a hands-on position. In addition to working daily with a key partner, you will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, training, negotiations, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.Strong fundamentals are a must, but you must have more. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your work; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire program; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver.Fluency in Mandarin and written Simplified Chinese
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent; MBA or equivalent a plus, but not required.