Business Insights Manager for Greater China, International Commercial
Beijing, Beijing, China
The people who work at Apple have reinvented and defined entire industries with our devices and software, and we have done the same with our services. Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers globally every week. Apple Music now reaches well over 50M listeners around the world. We are deeply passionate about digital content, and we believe we’re just getting started. Do you share this passion? If so the International Commercial group is seeking an extraordinary, energetic and experienced team member to join the Business Insights team in China. You will serve as the key point of contact to the senior management team and be responsible for facilitating business strategy and growth discussions, shaping longer term business initiatives, and conducting internal and external business reviews. The breadth of the role is varied and covers business performance as well as strategy. An open mind, curiosity to continuously learn and explore and drive new opportunities, as well as an eagerness to find solutions to problems that help maximise growth and improve our business performance are crucial. The role covers all digital content businesses in the Greater China region, with a focus on Apps, Games and Music. This role will be based in Shanghai or Beijing, and will work closely with both our local and international management teams. The role will be critical as Apple seeks to double its services revenues by 2020.
- You will possess a strong business and analysis background, preferably from a top consultancy related to telecom, media and technology, and/or in-house in a strategy role at a leading related company.
- You will have a deep understanding of the digital and mobile media and entertainment landscape in Greater China and Apple’s role within it.
- You should have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, and the ability to develop new strategies based on these insights.
- You should possess the ability to cut through complicated issues to present simple and understandable insights and recommendations to senior leaders.
- You should have the ability to solve complex, cross-functional business problems while dealing with challenging deadlines and opposing priorities.
- You are flexible and adaptable to manage the varying demands of a complex and fast-moving business.
- You will have exceptional problem-solving and (quantitative) analytical skills, and finely tuned business judgement.
- You will have exceptional written, communication and presentation skills.
- You embrace having a hands-on attitude and always pay attention to the finest of detail.
Take a data-led approach to assessing the performance of Apple’s services businesses in Greater China, and partner with our analytics and data science teams to provide local and International leadership with deep insights on the drivers of that business performance. Identify, assess and prioritise strategic initiatives that have a high impact on business growth, while effectively mitigating risks. Work closely with teams across Apple to shape and execute on prioritised strategic initiatives, rigorously monitor their impact and provide recommendations for improvement and optimisation. Support the development of robust short-term and long-term business plans, including analysing the opportunity and risk presented by new products, new features, new business models, and new pricing. Lead business reviews and support negotiations with major business partners. Given the wide scope of the role, you must highly curious, capable of quickly converting data into insight, prioritising and making hard decisions and trade-offs. They must be strategic, commercial, and able to always see the bigger picture, but at the same time have a strong sense of the importance of the customer experience we provide.
Education & Experience
University degree, MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus. Extensive relevant experience in consultancy or strategy roles with a TMT focus. A thorough understanding of the digital content space and entertainment industry structures.
- Fluent English and Mandarin is required