Senior Failure Analysis Engineer - Surface Analysis
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming fantastic products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues. You will enable the connection between the Failure Analysis team and multi-functional partners to take on some of the industry’s most complex and significant problems. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - In order to be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding and hands-on experience with X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) surface characterization.
- - You are adept at conveying complex data into a concise and understandable form
- - You have excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- - Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- - This role involves high volume activity. Being organized and detail-oriented will help you keep up with all the action
- - Outstanding problem solving abilities
- - Proven ability to use fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure
- - Willingness to collaborate closely across the organization
- - Knowledge of ICP-MS is considered a plus
- - Ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks at the same time
- - Flexible and able to quickly change course to meet the needs of the business.
In this role, you will be our Failure Analysis lab’s XPS surface characterization analyst. You will collaborate closely with other lab personnel working in complimentary areas and with lab customers to tackle difficult materials problems together.
Education & Experience
This Position requires 3+ years of experience with surface characterization and failure analysis. M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Applied Physics or a related discipline.