Sr. Engineering Program Manager (EPM) - Failure Analysis
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming fantastic products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our creative engineering team dedicated to delivering professional solutions to a wide array of material and product related issues. You will enable the connection between the Failure Analysis team and multi-functional partners to take on some of the industry’s most complex and significant problems. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills
- - Hands-on experience / familiarity with failure analysis tools (SEM/EDX, CT/X-ray, FTIR, TDR, Multimeter, etc. )
- - 2+ years consumer electronics product FA/production experience
- - Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- - Outstanding problem solving abilities
In this role, you will be our Failure Analysis lab’s liaison to contract manufacturing factories. You may conduct primary FA with tools available within the factories, enable rapid shipping of samples for failure analysis to the FA lab, communicate failure analysis reports to factory personnel as needed, and follow up on the factory’s actions to verify the root cause identified by the FA lab.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Materials Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline. 2+ years of relevant work experience is desired.