Manufacturing Process Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role, our manufacturing process development engineers will be responsible for the development and implementation of glass processes in a high volume environment for Apple glass parts.
- - 5+ years experience supporting new product launches from glass process perspective.
- - Experience with Sputtering coating, CNC machining, forming, chemical strengthening, silk-screen printing, ultrasonic cleaning, conveyor cleaning, PVD coating, AS coating. Fixture design, automation design experience is a plus.
- - Good English and Chinese commination, emails, con-calls and presentation.
- - Prefer a solid understanding of DOE, GD&T, SPC or 2D/3D CAD
- - Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive towards common goals. Ability to work in unstructured environment. Detail oriented and as required to solve specific complicated process problems
Candidate will utilize manufacturing design and product development background in the following areas: - Process & Equipment Development: - Planning, proposing, and leading experiments to produce timely and accurate analyses used to drive design, development, and supply chain decisions. - Assessing the suitability of a fabrication technology for a given part design. Planning validation exercises to demonstrate initial feasibility as well as manufacturing capability. Analyzing results of validation exercises and provide technical recommendations. - Reviewing progress of development activities at supplier locations and serve as point of escalation for critical process related issues. - New Product Introduction: - Drive process development and capability assessment activities, reviewing part design documentation to ensure alignment with process capability. - Assign specific tasks and work with Apple suppliers to support process development and/or data gathering activities. - Set clear goals for results and provide timely reviews of performance throughout program. - Establish validation procedures to determine acceptance of tooling into development builds as well as mass production. - Supplier Execution: - Review supplier process design, process flow, equipment selection, layout, DFM, MIP, and DOE proposals. Identify shortfalls and corrective actions to ensure design compliance. - Work with supplier engineering teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, and commit to schedules in line with program goals - Assess supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk. - Root cause analysis study and corrective action plan implementation, process yield improvement and cavity improvement, assist cost improvement activity.
Education & Experience
MSME/BSME, or equivalent. MBA a +, but not required.